Part-Time Church Secretary (Administrative Asst.)
White Memorial Presbyterian Church – 1459 White Memorial Church Rd
Willow Spring, NC 27592
Administrative Assistant / Church Secretary (revised August 2021)
Thank you for your interest. Please send current resume, curriculum vitae (CV), or short description of experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant / Church Secretary – Part-time; 10 – 12 hours per week / paid monthly at hourly rate. Additional seasonal hours may be adjusted as necessary as per need.
Person will be self-motivated with professional demeanor and presence, positive attitude, strong work ethic, excellent verbal communication, and interpersonal skills. He / she must possess strong organizational skills, proficiency in office procedures and methods to ensure workflow, knowledge of office computers and software. This person must be able to multi-task, be flexible in their job routine, work as a team member in a collaborative environment, and relate well to other personnel, congregants, and visitors.
Function – The individual in this position provides administrative support in carrying out the operational duties of the Church office as well as providing a presence in the Willow Spring community. This individual is also the primary administrative assistant for the Church Pastor. The successful candidate carries out these functions while providing a cheerful and organized atmosphere for all who enter or contact the Church, meeting the needs of other personnel, guests, volunteers, and congregants with care and discretion.
Pastor Support – Provide administrative support for the Pastor including but not limited to scheduling appointments, preparing and mailing correspondence, emails, handling messages, and in-coming mail; as well as preparing reports and presentations, and assisting with web-based research on certain topics.
Office / Administrative Support
- Serve as receptionist screening and routing of incoming calls, messages and visitors to the Church; warmly greeting persons with a friendly, courteous, and helpful attitude; providing pertinent and appropriate information to callers and / or visitors.
- Prepare and produce weekly church bulletins, weekly announcements, and monthly church newsletter.
- Maintain Church calendar, including scheduling of ministry meetings / events as well as mailing newsletter to friends of the church and seeing that newsletter is posted on website.
- Attend periodic meetings of church personnel as necessary.
- Maintain church directory / database. Update members, personnel, committees, and others by way of email and occasional hard copy.
- Work with the Church’s webmaster / social media point of contact to ensure current events and news are pushed out for distribution.
- Produce flyers and worship bulletins as necessary for support of the liturgical calendar and special events, including funerals, weddings, or other special services as needed.
- Provide office coverage and maintain regular office hours up to 10 to 12 hours per week. Wednesday and Friday are the preferred days each week, although flexibility of the actual schedule may be considered.
- Check phone for messages and distribute messages accordingly.
- Maintain the office bulletin board and change lettering on church sign weekly as directed.
- Maintain contact list for special interest groups that use or rent the facilities.
- Collect fees and schedule rental of fellowship hall and church reservations.
- Monitor, order, and maintain office supplies and equipment in good working order including copier, telephone, computer and printer; schedule routine maintenance / repair of office equipment and notify supervisor of dysfunctional equipment for further action needed.
- Retrieve and distribute incoming mail, during scheduled work hours.
- Prepare disbursement of emergency funds, i.e. food gift cards. Notify supervisor of other crisis requests.
- Assist Pastor and FAP committee as necessary with stewardship season preparation and distribution of necessary materials.
- Maintain an acceptable level of orderliness for the church sanctuary and narthex.
- Respond accordingly for pulpit supply needs in conjunction with bulletin and other miscellaneous coordination.
- Assist Session and Committees on an irregular basis with miscellaneous clerical support.
- Other duties as deemed necessary to support the mission and vision of the church.
Special Skills, Knowledge and Training – The Administrative Assistant should:
- Have a High School Diploma
- Have previous experience in an office environment.
- Have strong clerical skills to include:
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook); Proficiency with desktop publishing, Facebook and/or web page skill considered a plus.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and handle requests from multiple sources.
- Have effective verbal, writing, and editorial skills (proficient in English).
- Have a caring attitude, excellent people skills, high integrity, and exercise strict discretion and confidentiality.
- Have or quickly develop a working knowledge of Church’s organizational structure, ministries, and protocols.
Level of Responsibility – The Administrative Assistant reports to the Pastor. Work may be reviewed to ensure that the overall objectives are met. The person in this position uses initiative and discretion in interaction with other personnel, congregants, and visitors. Because of the nature of the role, the Administrative Assistant must demonstrate a high level of trust and the ability to protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality.
Level and Nature of Contacts – The Administrative Assistant may have daily contact with the Pastor. She / he has frequent contact with other Church leadership individuals, as well as congregants and visitors.
How to ApplyThank you for your interest. Please send current resume, curriculum vitae (CV), or short description of experience to: email@example.com
86 total views, 2 today