Full-Time Full Time Radio Station Account Executive (Sales)
IMMEDIATE OPENING, January 2018 (AE-2018-01)
Full Time Radio Station Account Executive (Sales)
WKJO Country Superstars 102.3 FM is looking for great sales professionals for a local FM music radio station serving Wake and Johnston counties. Office near Johnston County Airport between Smithfield and Clayton.
Key responsibilities include:
- Learn advertising fundamentals for successful campaigns via station sales training programs on the job experience.
- Contact local business owners and managers (normally at their businesses), review their needs for sales growth, and offer our new affordable options for local radio advertising campaigns.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing professional advertising advice and top quality service.
- Use provided station sales promotional materials and prepare customized plans and proposals.
- Build and manage account lists and prospect appropriate new businesses for customer growth.
- Prepare customized promotional plans, sales literature, and advertising proposals.
- Be accountable to reasonable monthly budget sales goals, and control your pacing and sales activity to accomplish or overachieve expectations.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems.
- Coordinate effectively with other departments to assure quality service in station execution of contracted advertising campaigns.
- Become responsible for assuring payment for billed advertising is prompt, and contact late paying clients to collect outstanding amounts.
- Attend sales meetings, training sessions, and client promotional events.
Candidates should have:
- Skills to speak confidently with clients, identify and help to resolve sales and marketing challenges.
- Skills to consistently prospect and cold call potential customers.
- Experience, past track record, and/or knowledge of business fundamentals, advertising principles and outside sales.
- Self motivation, creative energy, positive attitude, determination, and a need to earn high commissions.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, & negotiation skills.
- Skills to effectively use word processors, spreadsheets, presentation and sales contact management software, to develop proposals and presentation materials and maximize productivity.
- Valid Driver’s License, good driving record, insurance and reliable transportation.
Primarily weekdays, 8:30am-5:30pm, but attend short networking and promotional events that often occur outside of those hours, as well as occasional weekend live broadcast events for your sponsors or major community events. Successful Account Executives will also be active in community volunteer and service organizations
Sales commissions, earned bonuses and initial guarantee commensurate with experience, prior sales success and success in this position. Earnings expectation $36,000 – $60,000, first year, based on performance success.Major holidays paid.
To apply, please obtain application from our website (www.countryss.com), and email application with resume and cover letter to Rick Heilmann, GM (Rick@countryss.com)
WKJO-FM is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WKJO Country Superstars 102.3 FM
104 Airport Industrial Dr.
Clayton, NC 27520
Job Type: Full-time
How to ApplyTo apply, please obtain application from our website (www.countryss.com), and email application with resume and cover letter to Rick Heilmann, GM (Rick@countryss.com)
181 total views, 1 today