Full-Time Maintenance Assistant
Plant Delights Nursery/Juniper Level Botanic Garden, is a perennial plant nursery established in Raleigh in 1988. We offer unique, rare, well grown and properly named perennials to passionate gardeners around the world. The scope of our operation requires a maintenance and facilities person with an ability to handle a diverse set of projects, ranging from basic repairs to full construction projects. We are looking for a candidate desiring to embrace multiple aspects of design, repair, and maintenance.
About Plant Delights: We have one of the most extensive perennial trialing programs in the country. Our concern goes far beyond selling plants! Despite being best known as a nursery, we actually exist for our work as a private 28-acre botanical garden and plant research facility focusing on ex-situ plant conservation, plant exploration, breeding, and propagation. We have an open position for a Maintenance Assistant in a high energy, fast paced, team. We are a family owned company with a mission to support research, education and the exploration of plants through the sales of unique perennial plants.
The Nursery Maintenance Assistant will work closely with the Maintenance & Facility Coordinator, following the direction and timelines provided for tasks. There will be recurring routine maintenance that is required to be completed on schedule. The position will also require unplanned maintenance tasks which will be denoted as needs occur. This will start off as a seasonal position with the potential to become permanent after successful completion of a probationary period.
We offer a casual dress code, a diverse staff, and a friendly working environment.
Basic Routine Maintenance
- Replace HVAC filters once a month for the office buildings
- Golf cart battery water checks (2x a month in hot weather, once a month when cool)
- Door checks on greenhouses, replacing handles or realigning hinges when needed
- Remove compost from GHs 1, 2 and 3, and dump into the compost pile (2x a week)
- Walk and check the perimeter deer fence of the property, note and repair damage (2x a month)
- Maintain cleaning, organization, and tool storage within the maintenance facility
- Check tires on golf carts, shipping carts, and wheelbarrow
Seasonal Routine Maintenance
- Maintain and repair ground cloth within greenhouses
- Cut PVC pipe for garden signage
- Remove/install chimneys on GHs
- Remove/install ceiling circulation fans in GHs
- Remove/install elements for outdoor checkouts during Open House
- Aid Machine operator after heavy rainfall for drain clearing, coordinate some groundskeeping work
Yearly Routine Maintenance
- Cover all heaters in irrigated houses
- Clean, repair, or reinstall rails for greenhouse quick clips
Qualified candidates MUST:
- Have good communication skills with the ability to work well with others as well as independently.
- Possess good manual dexterity, be able to walk, bend, kneel, occasionally lift heavy items and be outside for extended periods of time in varying weather including heat and cold..
Employee Classification: Seasonal, Hourly Full-Time
Salary Range: $11.00 per hour
Standard Business Hours: Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm + eight open nursery and garden sales weekends each year
Please send cover letter & resume with a detailed description of work history along with 3 professional references
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $11.00 per hour
How to ApplyYou can email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or go to indeed and search "Plant Delights Nursery" and can apply from there.
47 total views, 3 today