Full-Time Nursery Assistant/Production
Nursery Assistant / Production
Candidates must be physically durable, have a tolerance for a wide range of outdoor weather, have a good work ethic, a friendly personality, and be able to work well with others. Candidates must also be able to pay acute attention to detail while working at a fast pace.
No qualifications are required, but those with a 2 year horticulture related degree or comparable nursery experience will be preferred.
Qualified applicant must be able to proficiently & accurately perform the following tasks as directed by the Production Supervisor:
- Sowing of seed and fern spores
- Vegetative cuttings
- Division of plants from pots, garden or trial beds
- Potting of liners and bare root material
- Plant fertilization with appropriate fertilizer at the correct rate
- Place potted plants in correct stock locations
- Assist with check in of incoming plants
- Operation of farm tractors and skid-steer loader
- Assist with daily production data entry
- Other duties as assigned
Employee Classification: Hourly Seasonal Full Time
Compensation: starting at $11 per hour *negotiable depending on experience.
Standard Business Hours: Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm + eight open nursery and garden sales weekends each year
How to ApplyPlease send cover letter and resume with a detailed description of work history along with 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
129 total views, 1 today