Full-Time Horticulture Production and Nursery Manager
Plant Delights Nursery, Inc. (www.plantdelights.com), a direct to consumer perennial plant nursery, has an open position for a full-time Nursery Manager in a fast-paced, team environment.
Reporting directly to the business owners, the ideal candidate will be a friendly, efficient, positive problem solver and people person. Must be very detail and results oriented, and open to change. This position has six direct reports, but also hires, trains, supervises, and optimizes the entire nursery department resources to ensure a consistent supply of the highest quality plant material for shipment.
PDN offers a casual dress code, a diverse staff, and a friendly working environment. Non-supervisory staff hours are 8-5 Monday-Friday + eight open nursery and garden sales weekends each year. Management hours are as needed above that threshold.
- Ensures the grower team follows set production and irrigation protocols to maintain the highest quality plant material.
- Works with plant health care specialist to ensure proper scouting and the most effective/least toxic treatments for pests and diseases are applied in a timely and efficient manner
- Schedules production crew to ensure plant production and propagation keep up with needs.
- Oversees stocking supervisor to ensure accurate and prompt movement of inventory.
- Makes sure facilities specialist keeps greenhouses and other facilities in good working order
- Works with inventory control specialist to make sure inventory is accurate and plant ordering and production scheduling keep up with demand.
- Hires, trains, reviews, coaches and disciplines nursery staff.
- Provides weekly, monthly reporting to analyze efficiency and implement changes.
- Monitors order scheduling to ensure order fulfillment in coordination with the customer service and shipping manager.
- Coordinates with garden supervisor, research and facilities manager and owner on joint projects and plants for propagation
- College degree in Horticulture or related field
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience in a plant nursery environment.
- Excellent technology skills: Office 365 – Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Google Docs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective delegation skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
How to ApplyQualified candidates only are invited to email the following to email@example.com:
- cover letter
- resume with detailed work history
- professional references
96 total views, 2 today