Full-Time Seasonal Nursery Production Assistant
We are Plant Delights Nursery/Juniper Level Botanic Garden, a perennial plant nursery established in Raleigh in 1988, offering unique, rare, well grown, and properly named perennials to passionate gardeners around the world. We have one of the most extensive perennial trialing programs in the country. Our concern goes far beyond selling plants!
Despite being best known as a nursery, we exist for our work as a private 28-acre botanical garden and plant research facility focusing on ex-situ plant conservation, plant exploration, breeding, and propagation. We are a family-owned company with a mission to support research, education, and the exploration of plants through the sales of unique perennial plants.
Our nursery and garden provide an opportunity to work indoors and outdoors year-round, so we have a casual dress code, a diverse staff, and a friendly working environment.
Candidates must be physically durable, have a tolerance for a wide range of outdoor weather, have a good work ethic, a friendly personality, and be able to work well with others. Candidates must also be able to pay acute attention to detail while working at a fast pace.
- Assist Production Supervisor checking-in incoming plants
- Assure quantities and plants are correct as ordered.
- Able to proficiently perform the following tasks as directed by Production Supervisor
- Sowing of Seed pots / Ferns spores
- Vegetative Cuttings
- Divisions from pots, garden or test beds
- Potting of liners and bare root material
III. Record Keeping including:
- Updating inventory
- Daily Production Activity
- Specialty/New Potting Activity
- Nematode sampling relative to production
- In absence of Production Supervisor coordinate with IPM Specialist testing of:
- Incoming plants
- Plants from which cuttings are to be taken
- Plants from the garden that are going to the nursery
- Quality Control:
- Plant Names
- Ensure that spelling is correct
- Source and/or collection number are correct
- Pots/ flats are properly labeled
- Only healthy plants are potted at the proper depth
- Cutting and division material is of appropriate age and size
- Plants are fertilized with appropriate fertilizer at correct rate
- Potted plants are placed in correct stock location
VII. In the absence of Production Supervisor must be able to understand and use Current Nursery Work List
- Priorities based on date
- Pot the quantity requested when possible and update inventory
- If short the number needed, adjust quantity to reflect remainder
- Perform highest priorities based on dates
Compensation: Starting at $12.00 per hour (Depending on experience)
Employee Classification: Seasonal Full Time (Non-Exempt)
Standard Business Hours: Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm
How to ApplySend resume with work history and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
55 total views, 1 today