Full-Time Shipping/Receiving Lead
Seeking a Shipping/Receiving Lead candidate for an immediate full-time position. Must have experience with Microsoft products and able to function in other related programs to effectively preform this role. We encourage you to submit your resume, if you have such experience and can demonstrate a positive and friendly can-do work ethic, have strong communication skills, take initiative, and pay acute attention to detail.
We are Plant Delights Nursery/Juniper Level Botanic Garden, a perennial plant nursery established in Raleigh in 1988, offering unique, rare, well grown and properly named perennials to passionate gardeners around the world. We have one of the most extensive perennial trialing programs in the country. Our concern goes far beyond selling plants! Despite being best known as a nursery, we actually exist for our work as a private 28-acre botanical garden and plant research facility focusing on ex-situ plant conservation, plant exploration, breeding, and propagation. We are a family owned company with a mission to support research, education and the exploration of plants through the sales of unique perennial plants.
Our nursery and garden provide an opportunity to work indoors and outdoors year-round, so we have a casual dress code, a diverse staff, and a friendly working environment.
The ideal candidate will have the abilities to perform the following duties:
- Communicate between administration and shippers’ daily goals
- Ability to monitor for accurate shipping records
- Ensure appropriate documents are included with the appropriate shipment
- Check on required carriers’ arrival and follow-up where appropriate
- Accurately determine that service levels are appropriately applied
- Communicate procedures and processes to trainees
- Monitor that work areas are clean, neat and organized
• Help to ensure plants arrive safely
- Ensure on site customers are properly greeted
• Punctual and have a great work ethic
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Enjoy physical and often dirty work in all types of weather
- Enjoy working with an energetic, flexible, and outgoing team
• Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, bend, kneel and often carry heavy items
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Plant knowledge is helpful, but not required
• Stocking, pulling, and packing plant orders
• Care and upkeep of containerized perennial plants
• Retail sales and customer service
- Must be open to assist other departments should the need arise.
- Occasional weekend work required may include assisting with; Tours, Open Houses or Education Center classes.
- License: Drivers (Preferred)
Employee Classification: Hourly, Permanent Full Time
Benefits: We offer an extensive benefits plan that includes Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life Insurance & a company matching Simple IRA. We also have paid Public Holidays, PTO & Vacation days.
Standard Business Hours: Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm + eight open nursery and garden sales weekends each year
How to ApplySend cover letter & resume with a detailed description of work history along with 3 professional references to email@example.com
30 total views, 2 today