Full-Time Plant Health and IPM Technician
Plant Delights Nursery/Juniper Level Botanic Garden, is a perennial plant nursery established in Raleigh in 1986, offering unique, rare, well grown, and properly named perennials to passionate gardeners around the world. We have one of the most extensive perennial trialing programs in the country. Our concern goes far beyond selling plants! Despite being best known as a nursery, we exist for our work as a private 28-acre botanic garden and plant research facility focusing on ex-situ plant conservation, plant exploration, breeding, and propagation. We have an open position for a Plant Health and IPM Technician as part of a high energy, fast paced team in the Garden and Research division. We are a family-owned company with a mission to support research, education, and the exploration of plants through the sales of unique perennial plants.
We offer a casual dress code, a diverse staff, and a friendly working environment.
This position is to oversee the plant health and collections integrity of all outdoor plantings, including the monitoring, researching, and treatment of all pests and plant health related issues. This entails the spraying of various organic and non-organic pesticides as a regular part of the job.
- Weed, insect, and disease management
- Fire ants, voles, various insect pests, fungal and bacterial pathogens
- Turf care and maintenance
- Aeration, seeding and fertilization
- Independent scouting and monitoring for issues
- Proactive communication with supervisors to development strategies
Some formal education or past experience in horticulture is preferred and applicants with the following qualifications will be strongly considered:
- Valid NC Pesticide Applicators License (or ability to obtain one)
- Horticulture experience or degree
Compensation: Starting at $35,568.00 per year
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance options
- Simple IRA with company matching funds up to 3%
- Paid public holidays
- PTO and Vacation days
Employee Classification: Full Time, Salaried (Exempt)
Standard Business Hours: Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm + eight open nursery and garden sales weekends each year
How to ApplySend a resume with a detailed description of work history along with 3 professional references to email@example.com
36 total views, 2 today